Tuesday, May 19, 2009

the family keeps getting bigger.

my friends always give me shit about how big my extended family is.
bad news dorks.
i just got an email on facebook from a colleen standley.(no relation)

you have my dad's name and my grandpa's name. Any chance you are from or in the midwest or Texas?Crazy idea from another Standley here. We're dying off in California (no surprise!) but come from a stock that is as creative and inventive as we are stalwart and hard to kill. In any event - best to you. Keep the faith for our family name!
- Colleen Standley

1 comment:

NorCalGal said...

Dear Dorks - you are not entirely wrong. Where my bloodline is only going forward through me and my sisters, its moving on strong through my male cousins, and well, if James were to take a look at the 1880's Census for Missouri and Nebraska, or even a phone book from one of those state's major cities he would be blown away. So I'm stil on FaceBook for the Dorks who want to find me, and James? well he might have just faded away by now...